Robbinsville Criminal Defense Attorney
Certified Criminal Lawyer in Robbinsville, NJ Protects the Rights of Clients Accused of Crimes in Mercer County and Throughout New Jersey
Have you been charged with a crime, arrested, detained, or questioned concerning crimes or illegal activity of any kind? If yes, you may be experiencing a sense of dread, desperation, and isolation as you navigate an uncertain future. What will happen with your case? How can you defend yourself? What possible sentences and penalties might you be looking at? Depending on the nature of the crimes in question, you can face jail time, fines, probation, community service, and potentially a lifetime of social and professional challenges if convicted. Leave nothing to chance and seek skillful and reliable representation from the highly rated Robbinsville criminal defense attorney at the Law Office of John B. Brennan. With the guidance and representation of our dedicated criminal lawyer in Robbinsville, NJ, you will have a much better chance of avoiding unfavorable outcomes than if you handled your case on your own.
Criminal Charges Handled by Qualified Robbinsville Criminal Defense Attorney John B. Brennan
Attorney John B. Brennan has extensive knowledge of the New Jersey Criminal Code and years of experience handling criminal cases, charges, and proceedings of all kinds in Mercer County and throughout New Jersey. Irrespective of the nature of the charges you face, if you have questions or concerns about a case, our firm is here to help. We can assist you with cases such as:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drug charges
- Gun charges and weapons violations
- Municipal code violations
- Misdemeanors of all kinds
- Physical, aggravated, and sexual assault
- Theft, shoplifting, armed robbery, and GTA
- Property crimes
- Domestic violence and abuse cases
- Juvenile crimes
- Restraining order violations
- Kidnapping, murder, and other serious crimes
- White-collar crimes
- Fraud and financial crimes
We also handle expungements, reduced sentence hearings, and appeals for our clients.
Skilled Criminal Lawyer in Robbinsville, NJ Will Craft the Perfect Defense for Your Unique Case
Every case is different, but every criminal charge can only become a conviction if it satisfies the burden of proof of the accused’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Working within the boundaries set by the law, there are many ways that our knowledgeable Robbinsville criminal defense attorney can discredit the case of the prosecution and move to have you acquitted, your charges dismissed, or your charges or sentences lowered.
- Innocence: You can plead not guilty of your alleged crimes. We will work untiringly to prove your innocence and will hold the prosecution to the strictest standards as they try to prove otherwise.
- Rights violations: We can potentially have your case dismissed if it can be shown that key evidence against you was gathered illegally or in violation of your constitutional rights.
- Airtight alibi: In some cases, you can use an alibi to prove that you were somewhere else when the crime in question occurred.
- Acting in self-defense (and in defense of others and defense of property): This is a common defense in crimes such as assault, battery, domestic violence, abuse, and murder, where a defendant had to resort to violence – in a justified manner – to protect themselves from threats or violent actions of someone else.
- Involuntary intoxication: This defense is used to demonstrate a lack of intent.
- Unintentional mistakes: This is often used in financial cases where, for example, the accused says they believed they had the right or authority to use funds classified as stolen or embezzled in a legal manner, such as investments made on behalf of the owner.
- Duress or coercion: You can fight against charges by proving that you were forced or coerced into performing illegal actions against your will.
- Expiry of the statute of limitations: If you are charged after the window during which you can be charged with a crime has already closed, you may be able to bar the prosecution from pursuing your case.
Crime in Robbinsville, NJ
Robbinsville was recently ranked #10 in a list of the 50 safest cities in New Jersey. This ranking was based on the FBI’s crime reporting statistics. The violent crime rate in Robbinsville is about 0.1 per 1,000 people, and the property crime rate dropped to 3.1 in 2022 from 3.5 in 2021, making it a very safe place to live in and visit.
Contact Our Specialized Criminal Lawyer in Robbinsville, NJ Today
At the Law Office of John B. Brennan, we firmly believe that everyone deserves a fair trial. We strive to provide every one of our clients with sound legal advice that is tailored to their specific situation. We zealously fight to protect your freedoms and rights. No matter what charges you face, you can depend on our Robbinsville criminal defense attorney for the best possible outcome for your case. Contact us today to schedule a free and confidential consultation and to take the first step toward protecting your rights and defending your freedom.
Frequently Asked Questions about Criminal Cases in Robbinsville, NJ
In most cases, this will result in the charges you face being dropped, especially if your accuser is the key witness and the main source of evidence against you. However, the prosecution can still opt to continue pressing charges and pursuing your case if they have enough evidence to do so, which is often the case in domestic violence and sexual assault cases where the accuser may back away from charging someone they are afraid of.
It all depends on the nature of the alleged crimes and how much evidence there is against you. Felonies and serious crimes can result in years behind bars and fines in the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. Lower-level crimes such as misdemeanors come with lower penalties, and many people can even get away with probation, community service, or diversionary programs if they have a clean record. Speak with your criminal lawyer in Robbinsville, NJ to review your case and devise the best legal strategy for your specific case.